Saturday, November 20, 2010

Maybe Baby



In middle school, I fancied myself quite the singer.  I pictured myself writing heartbreaking ballads that would touch the hearts and souls of my fellow adolescents everywhere (as I was belting out The Cranberries and Jewel in my bedroom).  I soon realized that I in fact had a less than ideal vocal range and now believe that  I may actually be tone deaf.  Despite all this,  I am continually surrounded by some really talented musician/artists!  Andy always seems to be picking up a new instrument; guitar, banjo, piano, accordion... whatever he can get his brilliant little hands on.
This past winter my adolescent dreams came true when Andy and I  created a band with our friends: Dana, Paul, Ben and Jess- North Coast Sound, formerly The Maybes and The Babies.


I wont pretend that I'm the talent.  I don't play any of the instruments and I have yet to do any solo singing, regardless its been really fun.  Dana and Jess do most of the lyrics, the boys play the majority of the instruments.  I'm so glad that I get to share my time with such amazingly fun and creative people!

No comments:

Post a Comment